Choir Director Opening
Director of Music: St Andrew Community Presbyterian Church in Indio is looking for a part-time Director of Music. Approximately 4 hours per week, $1000 per month. Blended music, chancel choir, develop children/youth choir. Send resume to SACPC 47192 Monroe St., Indio CA 92201. Email: email@example.com. Phone 760.347.5344. FAX: 760-347-1084 Website: www.StandrewIndio.org. Direct to Personnel Committee Barbara Park
St. Andrew Community Presbyterian Church
Part-Time Director of Music
The Director of Music is to guide the Music Ministry of the church by preparing the choir for worship services through rehearsal, selection of blended music to be presented, and in leading the choir during Sunday worship, and for special events as they occur. The Director may call for special rehearsals as needed.
The Director of Music is directly accountable to the Pastor or as determined by the Personnel Committee.
- Plan, prepare and direct the Chancel Choir, selecting music appropriate for worship with the goal towards blended music.
- Coordinate music with the pastor on a regular basis.
- Attend monthly Worship Committee meetings to plan and discuss past and future services and special programs.
- Plan, prepare and direct choral music for special services and additional services as scheduled by the pastor and/or Worship Committee that may include Maundy Thursday, Christmas Eve, etc. May be called on for weddings and funerals for additional pay.
- Begin rehearsal ON Time and with Prayer.
- Notify Office Manager on the Monday prior to Sunday service of hymns, anthems, and other music selected for worship.
- Maintain good communication with church pianist/organist and provide rehearsal music in advance.
- Recruit new choir members and explore possibility of development of a children/youth choir.
- Maintain Music Library. Purchase and catalogue new music. New music to be added within the worship Committee’s budget.
- Supervise the accompanist for proper music selection. Arrange for substitutes during absences.
- Ensure that piano and organ are kept tuned and maintained properly. Notify Office Manager when maintenance is required.
- Write column for the church newsletter to keep congregation informed and supportive of Music Ministry.
Bachelor’s degree in Music Education is preferred along with experience as a music/choral teacher/director or professional musician. Must possess knowledge of basic music theory and Christian musical traditions with demonstrated competence and experience. Must possess the physical and sensory ability necessary to safely and successfully perform all essential job functions and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Requires passing criminal and misconduct background checks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a part-time position.
The description of responsibilities/qualifications is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties or skills required of personnel as classified.